Water Softener Resin Media High Quality Replacement Cation Ion Exchange 1/2 CuFt
Half a Cubic Foot, perfect for portable water softeners needing resin media replacement. 100% compatible replacement for any water softener system using 1/2 Cubic Feet of media with 16,000 grains capacity.
iFilters cation resin provides a high purity, premium cation resin designed for the treatment of foods, beverages, potable waters, and water used in the processing of food.
iFilters resin is a high grade resin which complies with the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (USFDA) CFR 21, Title 173.25 for use in the treatment of foods for human consumption. iFilters cation resin has excellent hydraulic characteristics for optimal flow rate and backwash flow rates.
Its high capacity and porosity characteristic provide exceptional kinetic behavior along with good physical, chemical and thermal stability. iFilters is insoluble in dilute or moderately concentrated acids, alkalies, and in all common solvents.
Thermally stable to higher than 248 F (120 C) in alkali's such as, sodium or alkaline earth like calcium and magnesium salt forms.Typical Physical & Chemical Characteristics:
- Polymer Matrix Structure: Cross-linked Polystyrene Divinylbenzene.
- Physical Form and Appearance: Brownish Yellow - Brown, Amber.
- Whole Bead Count: 95% min.
- Functional Groups: R-SO3.
- Ionic Form, as shipped: Na+.
- Screen Size Range - US Standard Screen: 16 - 50 mesh, wet.
- Particle Size Range: +1.2 mm less than 5%, -0.3 mm less than 1%.
- Moisture Retention, Na+ form: 46 - 50%.
- Swelling Na+ greater than H+: 8 - 10%.
- Specific Gravity, Moist Na+ Form: 1.27.
- Total Exchange Capacity, Na+ Form (Wet, volumetric: 1.9 eq/l min.) (Dry, weight: 4.5 eq/kg min.).
- Operating Temperature, Na+ Form: 248 F (120 C).
- pH Range Stability, Na+ Form: 0 - 14.
- pH Range Operating, Na+ Form: 6 - 10.
APPLICATION: This product is mainly used for softening hard water and preparing pure and high purity water. In addition, it is used in separation and purification of trace elements as well as hydro-metallurgy and pharmaceutical industry.100% compatible with the following systems:
- iFilters Water Softeners: WS-P-1017.
- On The Go: OTG4-StdSoft, OTG4-DBLSOFT & OTG4-PSOFT.
- ABCWaters: PWS16.
- Flow-Pur 10,000 M7002 (Requires 0.33 CuFt).
- Mobile-Soft-Water: MSW0844-M-32S-W (Requires 1 CuFt Bag), MSW0844-M-32S-C (Requires 1 CuFt Bag), MSW0940-M-32S-C-PRO (Requires 1 CuFt Bag), MSW0918-M-16S (Requires 1/2 CuFt), MSW0918-M-16S-C (Requires 1/2 CuFt), MSW0918-M-16S-C-PRO (Requires 1/2 CuFt), HTS0818-M-12.8S-C (Requires 0.4 CuFt) & MSW0618-M-6400S-C (Requires 0.2 CuFt).
- And any other brand water softener needing high quality resin media.
This package of 1/2 CuFt media offers 16,000 grains capacity. Some portable systems require 16,000 - 32,000 grains capacity. Systems with 32,000 grains capacity need a full 1 CuFt of media.
INTERNATIONAL EQUIVALENTS: Amberlite SR1L (American), Diaion SK-1 (Japan), Dowex HCR-SS (American), Lewatit S100 (German), Purolite C100 and C100E (England).